Hyper-V is a great tool to install multiple operating systems on a single device. Unfortunately. there’s no Hyper-V feature on Windows 10 Home edition. Don’t worry! In this guide, you will learn the easiest way to install or get Hyper-V on a Windows 10 Home PC or laptop.
What is Hyper-V?
Before learning how to install Hyper-V on Windows let’s have a quick guide about what Hyper-V is. Microsoft’s virtualization platform, or “hypervisor,” Hyper-V 2012 R2, allows administrators to make better use of their hardware by virtualizing several operating systems to run on the same physical server at the same time.
You can virtualize server operating systems in the data center, Windows phone environments on your laptop, and pretty much all in between with Hyper-V. It’s also a fantastic platform for developers who want to test apps in a secure environment.
Meanwhile, Virtualization was only breaking into the mainstream when Hyper-V was released in 2008. Few people understood what it was, and even fewer could comprehend why someone would want to do it. It all seemed complex, dangerous, and difficult to execute and manage on a conceptual level.
Why Should I Use Hyper-V in Windows 10 Home?
There are some advantages of moving away from physical hardware and onto Hyper-virtualization V’s platform. You do, after all, have a number of hypervisors. VMware, whose standalone ESXi product is most closely similar to Hyper-V, is Microsoft’s main virtualization rival.
Each provider, notably Microsoft’s System Center and VMware’s vSphere provides additional products in addition to the base product. In certain metrics, these two product suites are vastly different and difficult to compare directly. Here are a few examples of where Hyper-V comes out on top:
- The free Hyper-V Server includes all functionality.
- Windows interfaces that you’re used to
- Integration with current Windows Server management software is seamless.
- Support for guest clusters is unrestricted.
- SR-IOV network adapters are fully supported, including Live Migration.
Install Hyper-V on Windows 10 Home
Without further delay, here the steps to download and install Hyper-V in Windows 10 Home:
- Click here to download the batch file, in order to enable Hyper-V on Windows Home.
- Now, right-click on the file and run it as administrator.
- It will then open a Command Prompt/PowerShell window and begin the installation of Hyper-V on Windows 10 Home. Keep in mind that in order to use this option, you must be connected to the internet.
- The operation completed successfully. Press Y to restart.
- When your computer restart. Press Win+R to open Run. Type
optionalfeatures.exeand click OK.
- Check all the boxes next to Hyper-V and click OK.
- It will start installing the necessary packages.
- Click Restart now.
- Press the Start button and then search for Hyper-V and open it.
- So, finally, you have successfully installed Hyper-V on Windows 10 Home.
This was all about how to install and get Hyper-V on your Windows 10 Home edition PC or laptop that you can virtualize several operating systems to run on the same physical server at the same time.